IMPACT 32 WELCOME CENTER AND BIKE SHARE STATION
FRONT LINE SERVICE COORDINATOR
Working under guidance and supervision, the Responsibilities of the position include:
• Providing a visible presence at the Welcome Center at Lock 32 Swing Bridge location.
• Proactively greeting the visiting public and volunteering assistance with direction, information
• Acting as a principal point of contact for visitors interesting in the rental bikes, respond to
inquiries and assist in the rental process. Able to provide basic trouble shooting.
• Responding to feedback, inquiries and problems regarding the bike rental experiences as
reported via the Movatic Admin system and face to face.
• Providing information regarding local destination points and familiarizing guests with points of
interest on the large wayfinding map as well as providing a pocket map for guest self-guidance.
• Being actively involved in reviewing local media/social media sources to identifying town
happenings and proactively contributing information and ideas to the Impact 32 Marketing
Manager to assist in keeping the www.visitbobcaygeon.com website both current and relevant
to visitor’s needs.
• Maintaining the “Things to Do” Calendar of events and the Activities board in the Welcome
Center with current information (update daily).
• Maintaining the guest information binders available in the Welcome Center, adding activities,
new businesses and events as they are identified.
• Collecting visitor demographics information and actively keeping the visitor log up to date in
order to track and report visitor volumes, needs etc.
• Collecting and entering visitor inquiries to a data base and providing suggestions for future
improvement based on visitor comments and personal observation.
• Encouraging visitor Feedback.
• Handling visitor complaints. Maintaining a complaint log.
• Assisting Impact 32 Marketing Committee by distributing campaign initiative information
through this front-line location.
• Distributing of leaflets, brochures and specific topical information as needed for individual local
events. Creation of leaflets.
• Assisting visitors in using brochures and information to identify local resources.
• Maintaining inventory of supplies, brochures and literature in an organized manner.
• Maintaining the supply log and reorder items in a timely manner so as to maintain a sufficient
supply of materials and giveaways for the visiting public. Contacting the COKL, local tourist
attractions, businesses and the Chamber of Commerce to obtain supplies when needed.
• Liaising with local Charity and Volunteer Groups so as to be aware of their local initiatives and
functions. Responsible for posting relevant information in the Welcome Center and be able to
respond to visitor inquiries regarding such activities.
• Identifying and developing visitor stories and briefing the Marketing Manager on items that may
be suitable for the website or media.
• Daily opening of the Welcome Center, putting out Adirondack chairs and signage.
• Daily closing of the Welcome Center putting away Adirondack chairs and signage and removal of
garbage. Maintain safe, clean and well organized Welcome Center facility.
• Reporting maintenance needs to both the Lock Master and Impact 32.
• Carrying out other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Impact 32 Steering committee.
Job Related Skills, Abilities and Experience:
• Must enjoy working with the public and meeting new people.
• Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal
• Ability to communicate at all levels with a variety of individuals and groups
• Confident and Mature approach to dealing with People
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and able to lift weights of up to 25 pounds.
• Good IT skills, including Social Media, Word, Outlook, Excel, Database Management and online
• Excellent organizational and administration skills and ability to maintain surroundings in an
• Self-Motivated and able to work on own Initiative
• Ability to take direction
• Ability to coordinate a diverse range of activities and multitask
• Ability to maintain composure when faced with a stressful situation (complaints/busy periods).
• Enthusiastic Interest in the Town of Bobcaygeon
• Knowledge of the History of Bobcaygeon
• Knowledge of the Businesses, Services, Events and Activities available in Bobcaygeon
• Ability to obtain additional knowledge and information relevant to maintaining the Welcome
Center and being able to provide current information to visitors. (ability to keep current with
local activities and events).
• Knowledge of the layout of Bobcaygeon and able to locate points of interest and businesses on
• Ability to give clear concise directions and wayfinding advise.
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service and information on Bobcaygeon’s businesses,
attractions, activities, events, dining, lodging, wayfinding to visitors and the travelling public.
• Ability to represent Bobcaygeon in a positive, professional, helpful and friendly manner.
• Must become familiar with Impact 32s initiatives and mission.
IMPACT 32 IS A VOLUNTEER STEERING COMMITTEE MADE UP OF
LOCAL BUSINESS OWNERS AND COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS.
Impact 32 is a grass-roots effort to drive year-round economic development in Bobcaygeon, leveraging
the town's natural resources, prime tourist location on the Trent Severn Waterway and significant
business and community assets to grow across all economic sectors.
Inclusion- Collaboration- Transparency-Active Participation- The Common Good
Operating under the umbrella of the Kawartha Works Community Co-op, Impact 32 will identify,
coordinate and assist with community-based initiatives, funding, and promotional opportunities such as
waterfront improvements, marketing, beautification and events.